Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My animal friends

One of my favorite parts about Africa are the animals. I've always been an animal lover and Africa has some of the most incredible animals on the planet. Over the weekend, I visited the Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve, just outside Roodepoort. I pet an adult male cheetah (who decided to clamp down his mouth on the inside of leg) and got to play with some Bengal Tiger cubs (who like to play rough and jump on people's backs). I've visited several game parks and nature reserves but I've never witnessed a pride of lions enjoying a meal...until Saturday. It's quite a sight! Here are a few picks from the day...enjoy!

Green Mambas


Black Mambas


Pigmy Hippo

Lion cubs

Me and Eddie the cheetah

Ed tasting my leg


This tiger cub likes the element of surprise

Much nicer when they're sleeping


Lunch time for this white lion pride

No comments: