Friday, March 13, 2009

25 things you may find interesting...

So I enjoyed reading 25 random things about people on facebook but refused to jump on the bandwagon...until now. In my logic, though, I don't think I'm jumping on the bandwagon since it has passed and I'm blogging mine. So yeah, hope you find some humor in my life. Enjoy!

1) It took me 12 years to finish my bachelors degree (I took a break from college…twice)

2) I lived in the same house, in the same town (Bryant, Ark.) from birth until I moved to Virginia last July and then to South Africa last October

3) My jobs in life include (in no particular order) being a gopher boy and other things at the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Dept., a substitute teacher, assistant sports editor at a local newspaper (I HATE sports), portrait photographer, freelance writer, office manager, asst. director of a Boys & Girls Club, after-school day care helper and now, serving in South Africa

4) Disney World might be my favorite place in the world. I went four consecutive years (2001 – 2004) and plan to go when I come back to the states – Space Mountain….WOOOHOOO!

5) Beth Burnett Loggains (BB) and I (Big W) can quote just about every line to Scream 3

6) Daniel Campbell and I can quote just about every line to Don’t Be Menace to South Central While Drinkin’ Your Juice in the Hood

7) Becky Barnes (Beckith) and I (Blaketh) used to go to Refuge at Ouachita Baptist every Thursday night, eat at Weng’s Chinese buffet before we left and jammed out to the likes of the ODB going down to Arkadelphia and sometimes on the way back

8) Candy Freeman Millwood (Cadence) and I (Blakemous Welchie) wrote three chapters of a murder novel titled “The Mulcher” in creative writing. We left our classmates captivated and hungry for more

9) Nick Dorsey (Tookie) and I have been to Jamaica, Hawaii, Philly, New York City, Colorado, Chicago, San Francisco, Thailand, Nambia, Las Vegas, Baltimore and probably some other random places together over the course of five years

10) As our Hawaii trip was concluding and we had been flying all night, Nick and I got in a fight (verbal, not physical) at the Minneapolis airport and didn’t speak to each other until we got back to Arkansas

11) If you can’t tell, I have lots of nicknames. They include – Blaker, Blue, Big W, Big Dub, Dub, Dubs, Grape Juice, Welch’s, Blaketh, Blakely, Blakers, Big Double-V, Blake-ums, Blakemous Welchie, Poppy…

12) I was in a school musical in eighth grade called “Nickelodeon.” I sang, I danced, I wore a cummerbund and bowtie

13) I’m not getting married. Ever.

14) I love to sing

15) I love rap and hip hop (I’m ghetto at heart)

16) In kindergarten, I chased the crippled boy in my class on the playground…yeah, I was mean

17) Jeff Norton (Tanker) and I have the BEST bathroom stories EVER from when we stayed in the African bush in Zambia….the Roman Basillica…

18) When I was 19 or 20, I was jumping on my trampoline (which we got for Christmas one year when we were kids) with Heath Gober and I came crashing through the mat and hit the ground…hard

19) When my sister (Keilani) and I were kids, we used to play a game called “toot practice” where we made fart noises on our arms and then would give each other prizes like a piece of toilet paper for whoever made the best fart noise

20) Tracey Campbell and I had the FUNNIEST weekend in Paris when I went to visit her and Paul in the UK in 1998. One night we laughed until we cried because of all the stuff that was happening

21) BB and I used to do cheerleading stunts in her swimming pool every summer and I learned to do a backflip off their diving board

22) I’ve seen Milli Vanilli, Young MC and MC Hammer in concert

23) I met the cast of Saturday Night Live in New York City in 2001

24) I laugh at my humor more than anybody else

25) I voted for Bill Clinton when I was old enough his second term and I STILL don’t regret it!

1 comment:

Tank said...

flaming liberal.