Friday, April 8, 2011

Beautiful Malawi

Last week I traveled south to Malawi for a cluster meeting and gave a presentation about our media teams. It was such a great week catching up with wonderful friends and enjoying a restful time at the Sun 'n' Sand Resort on Lake Malawi. Beautiful place! It had a huge swimming pool, my room had AC and satellite TV and across the lake, you could see the mountains of Mozambique in the distance.

One of the best parts of my job is meeting people who serve all over Africa. Several people in this cluster I've spent lots of time with in different trainings
since I've been out. But even people I met for the first time at the meeting were so kind and friendly and really exemplified that warm mission family atmosphere. The Lord always gives me these times of fellowship, rest and encouragement just when I need them the most. My God is so good!

Volunteers from Porter Memorial Baptist in Lexington, KY, served throughout the meeting and genuinely showed their hearts for our people and their eagerness to serve. Bill Henard preached from Ephesians and it was a series of sermons where you felt like he was preaching directly to you. Again, my God is so good!

Many blessings,

Blake



Beautiful Malawi with rain showers in the distance


Got to love the signs you see all over Africa


Me and Lauren, we go way back...to NTV


Me and the Nalls, we were in 40/40 together, love these guys!


Pier from the shoreline on Lake Malawi with Mozambique in the distance

No comments: