Sunday, August 24, 2008

FPO week 3

I've officially been in Virginia for four weeks now...time flies! FPO has been going strong for three weeks, with only five and half weeks to go, meaning I move to South Africa in just over seven weeks.

This week, we had sessions on Church Planting Movements (CPM) and the book of Acts...good stuff, although I do have a hard time staying focused at times. We also got our bank accounts set up and had our first round of immunizations. I only had two this week, polio and hep A. The shots and bank stuff gave us a couple of afternoons off which was much-needed.

I have just about everything ready for my Visa application after just finding out about it last week. I got a good report back on my chest x-ray (no TB) so that was definitely an answered prayer.

As I've said before, FPO gets a little crazy sometimes with all we have going on here but this last week, God has really opened my eyes and heart to an opportunity while I'm here. I've had some time to reflect on various roles in ministry over the years and of course, college and student ministry has been a staple in my life for a while now. I love discipling people and I feel like God is allowing me to do that here with some awesome people getting ready to go to the mission field. Just in the last couple of weeks, I've enjoyed getting to know some truly incredible guys who share my passion for reaching the nations. It's been a great blessing to hear their stories, how God brought them to this point and just hanging out. In the end, I'm confident I'll have learned much more from them than vise-versa and I'm grateful for these friendships God is building.

"Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdom's cause"

lyrics from "Hosanna"
Hillsong United

No comments: