Monday, August 4, 2008

DC trip & my quad

I rode the Amtrak up to DC this weekend and met up with my friend, Courtney McKeown, who just moved to Philadelphia to work for CityTeam Ministries. A cool part about being in the northeast is that all the big cities are fairly close to each other, DC was only about a two hour train ride.

We walked all over the city Saturday afternoon and saw most of the big stuff...Ford Theater, Capitol Hill, The White House, Washington & Lincoln Monuments, National Archives, etc. Saturday night, we scored some great tickets for only 25 bucks to a Washington Nationals/Cincinnati Reds baseball game. Our seats were by first base, just a few rows behind the dugout. Sunday, we ate lunch at Union Station and Courtney headed back to Philly and I took a train back down to Virginia (thanks, Heath, for getting me to/from the train station).

I was able to move into my quad this afternoon at ILC. This is where I'll be staying throughout FPO. I'm in quad 22, part of the "Africa Village." All the quads have four or five small "apartments" in them. Each apartment has a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and laundry room, then we all share the greatroom.

I would appreciate your prayers this week as FPO begins Wednesday morning and I'll also be taking my final from my class last week, plus beginning my next seminary class in conjuction with FPO.

Here are some pics from DC and my quad:


Quad 22




Our greatroom


My kitchen


My back door


My laundry room


Ashland, VA train station


The National Archives - Washington, DC


Me and Courtney on the National Mall - Washington, DC


WWII Memorial - Washington, DC


Washington Monument - Washington, DC


Capitol Building/Capitol Hill - Washington, DC


Lincoln Memorial & Reflection Pool - Washington, DC


The White House - Washington, DC


Washington Nationals baseball park




Nationals/Reds game - Washington, DC


Nationals scoreboard


Courtney & I in our awesome seats - about four rows behind the first base dugout

No comments: