Sunday, October 5, 2008

Reflections

FPO ended Wednesday afternoon with a great time of fellowship, prayer and worship in our commissioning service. It was all bittersweet as our time at ILC came to an end and we bid farewell to each other.

Over the past couple of days, I've reflected on FPO and how God changed me. One thing I realized is how I took that time for granted and was far to eager for it to be over and be on our way. I never expected the goodbyes to be so tough, after all, most of us only knew each other a couple of months. But during those couple of months, something really special happened. God brought all 363 of us to ILC at the same time for us to walk together on this humbling journey and blessed us with a special bond that we'll never have with anybody else.

I absolutely love my FPO family and consider my friends there some of the best I'll ever know. They are some of my favorite people in the world (literally) and I miss them terribly but I know the Lord will always keep us connected in our hearts, prayers and the work He is sending us to do.

Even though I miss them, I'm enjoying my time with family and friends at home. We had an early Thanksgiving at my grandparents' house Friday night and it was such a special time with my family. Saturday morning, I flew to Louisville (where I'll be through Tuesday) to see my best friend, Nick, who is in seminary here. It's a blessing to see how God has helped Nick get adjusted here and surrounded him with great friends at Southern.

Pray for me and my FPO friends as we continue saying our goodbyes these next couple of weeks that we'll be able to show our family and friends how much we love them.

"Ask and I'll give the nations to You, O Lord,
That's the cry of my heart
Distant shores and the islands will see Your Light
As it rises on us"
- "You Said"

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Well said!

Tank said...

Good post! I miss everyone so much too. I have so much to talk to you about! I am listening to "You Said" right when I read your post. Weird!

Anonymous said...

Blake, so excited for you! I'll be watching the blog for new posts. Can't wait to hear about your experiences.

Anna

Michelle said...

thanks for posting your blog in your email! so now i can find out the stuff that's going on that you don't sent out in your updates! haha!