Thursday, September 11, 2008

Three more weeks

My time here in Virginia is quickly wrapping up. Three weeks from tomorrow, I'll be saying goodbyes to new friends and going back to Arkansas to start packing, say more goodbyes and get ready to move to South Africa.

These past couple of weeks at FPO have been draining. The next three days aren't going to be any better as my group starts Security Contigency Training. We haven't been told much about it, other than to relax and not worry. All I know is we will be taught, through role-playing, how to deal with various "security threat" situations we could encounter on the field. These days are sure to be long and intense but once over, the last couple of weeks of training will be over before I know it.

Despite my ADD and lack of energy, God is teaching me and drawing me closer to Him daily. I love my Jesus because He loved me so much that He gave His life for me and died a horrifically brutal death because of sin. But death couldn't hold Him down. He defeated sin. He defeated death. And He walks with me daily, even when I am selfish and don't think about it.

I praise the Lord for rescuing me from my sin and depravity. I praise the Lord for dying for me. I praise the Lord for choosing me. I praise the Lord for His grace and mercy. I praise the Lord for calling me to Africa. I praise the Lord for giving me strength to overcome. I praise the Lord for holding me when I'm weak. I praise the Lord for my incredible family. I praise the Lord for my friends from home who have been some of the greatest blessings in my life. I praise the Lord for my friends here at FPO, especially those who I'm not sure I would make it through without them here. Father, may your name be great among the nations as you send us out in this world. I love you. Amen.

No comments: